University of Mumbai runs distance education programmes through Institute Of Distance and Open Learning (IDOL).
Mahaonline has developed a portal for Online Admission System for approximately 84,000 students. There are about 15 programmes and 34 courses in the institute. The project also aims at allowing students to download their e-identity and e-hall tickets for examination purposes. Reports are generated to aid in the decision making of the management and to optimize utilization of resources.
- Applicant visits the web portal for IDOL and select for the course and the year he/she desires to offer.
- The online form checks for the eligibility criteria of the student.
- Those applicants meeting the eligibility criteria are allowed to proceed further and fill up the application form.
- Unique Application number will be generated by the system after submitting the form.
- The applicant is then given the option to make payment online through the payment gateway or can make payment at Citizen Facilitation Centre (CFCs).
- Once the form is submitted by the applicant, the information is reviewed and approved by different user roles.
- Those students whose form is approved/ rejected are sent an auto-generated SMS/Email informing them about their status of the applicant.
- Approved students are notified about their username and password through SMS / Email.
- Students log-in through their username and password and are able to download / print e-identity card and e-hall ticket.
As of December 2012, approximately 1.5 Lakh application forms are processed through this portal and approximately Rs 13 crore have been collected through ePayment gateway.
Please visit http://www.mu.ac.in/idol and https://idol.mahaonline.gov.in for more information.